Saturday, February 21, 2009

Outgoing Miss Bahamas Universe: Reign was an amazing Experience

All young ladies who aspire to hold the title of Miss Bahamas should definitely enter the Miss Bahamas Universe pageant, according to reigning queen Sacha Scott.

As her reign nears its end, she told The Nassau Guardian that it was an honor and an amazing experience to represent her country — an opportunity she says not everyone gets to have.

"Not only did this give me the opportunity to learn even more about my country, but I learned more about myself as well. I learned to overcome hurdles, answer difficult questions and I made great friends. So I honestly feel that this pageant can serve as a learning experience for all who enter, even if you don't win the crown."

The University of Miami student, is also the daughter of former Miss Bahamas title holder Christina Thompson-Scott, who represented the Bahamas at the Miss Universe Pageant in 1983 said it was like a dream come true. With her win, they became the first mother/daughter to capture the Miss Bahamas crown.
blog it

1 comment:

Erica said...

Great story, but wrong picture. This picture is of Tinnyse Johnson, Miss Bahamas World, not Sacha Scott, Miss Bahamas Universe. Please make the necessary correction