Saturday, June 28, 2008

Miss Indiana Blog » Blog Archive » Stay in Touch with Miss Indiana 2007 - Nicole Rash!

Hello everyone, for the final time on the Miss Indiana blog,

I just wanted to give you an update on my future plans and how you can keep in touch with me as I plan to stay very much involved with the Miss Indiana program helping it grow, flourish, and prosper!

So, I am happy to officially announce that I will be moving to the Los Angeles area on July 8th for a job opportunity with the clothing company American Apparel! This job actually came to me thanks to my appearance on the Miss America Pageant stage where someone in the company saw that I had designed my evening gown. (See, this program opens so many doors to new opportunities!) They then contacted a former titleholder who competed at Miss America in 2004, who contacted the Miss Indiana from that year (Sarah Wiley Goude), and she contacted me! It looks like the sisterhood that is formed through Miss America only strengthens with time! So, I took a trip out to L.A., toured the vertically integrated facility (which means that everything from the design and the cutting of the fabric, to the stitching and packaging to be sent out all happens in the same building!), and decided it would be the perfect place to gain some industry experience.

Miss Indiana Blog » Blog Archive » Stay in Touch with Miss Indiana 2007 - Nicole Rash!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: