Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beauties of America Pageant - Official Blogspot: Traci Quinones, Beauties of America’s 30s – Celebrates Valley High Elementary 5th Grade Graduation

On June 4th Valley High Elementary invited me to be a guest speaker at their Fifth Grade Graduation. This was a special day for over 80 fifth grade students as they closed the door on their elementary education and look forward to their middle school years. I still remember my fifth grade graduation (I had a great pink dress and my first pair of pink high heels...hey it was te 80's! lol), so I wanted to be sure I had something memorable to say. During my presentation I shared with them my three magic words – Aspire, Seek, and Attain. You are never too young to set a goal, work hard, and accomplish that goal. I think I even reminded a few parents how easy it is to work towards a goal. Who says Greek life in college can’t teach you something! My senior sorority sisters would be proud to know I took our motto and hopefully inspired a whole new generation. After the ceremony I joined students, parents, faculty and staff for a celebratory reception; then the kids were off for summer vacation and I was off to the office to go back to work. I miss summer vacations!

Photobucket
Beauties of America Pageant - Official Blogspot: Traci Quinones, Beauties of America’s 30s – Celebrates Valley High Elementary 5th Grade Graduation
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: