Sunday, June 24, 2007

Miss USA Visits Soldiers

Following lunch with Soldiers in the Pentagon's executive dining room June 21, Miss USA, Rachel Smith, took a moment to sit for a portrait. Soldiers from left to right are: Sgt. Maj. Thuan Wright, Staff Sgt. Shajn Cabrera, Maj. Elizabeth Casely, Staff Sgt. Ed Fountain and Staff Sgt. Laura Belzer. Photo by J.D. Leipold

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, June 22, 2007) – The reigning Miss USA Rachel Smith paid a call on the Army yesterday. After lunch and a Pentagon tour, Miss USA visited Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where she spent several hours chatting with wounded warriors.

Born in Panama, but raised in Clarksville, Tenn., the 21-year-old daughter of dual Army parents hadn’t been to the nation’s capital since a school field trip she took in the seventh grade.

“I already have a much better appreciation for our nation’s capital … I know I’ll leave here immensely changed,” she said. “What impressed me most about the Soldiers I had lunch with today was the enthusiasm and pride they have in our country. It’s contagious because I, too, am a representative of our country, and they passed some of their strength and advice to me.” More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: