Thursday, June 14, 2007

Miss Universe Hoping for `Heroes' Role


By ERIC TALMADGE
The Associated Press
Monday, June 11, 2007; 2:33 PM

TOKYO -- Less than a month after being crowned Miss Universe, Riyo Mori is hoping to land another job _ a role on the NBC sci-fi series "Heroes."

"As soon as I won Miss Universe I had this big chance," Mori said in an interview Monday. "I've never acted before. I went to the casting audition and read a script in English and Japanese, and they said it was really good. So I hope I can be in the show."

Mori said the role of Yaeko would be a love interest for one of the main characters on "Heroes."

The 20-year-old dancer won the 2007 Miss Universe contest in Mexico City last month. The only other time Japan has won the pageant was in 1959, when Akiko Kojima became the first Miss Universe from Asia.

"I'm only here for a week, then it's back to New York" and a tour around the world, Mori said.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: