Saturday, December 20, 2008

Britten for Queen: R.O.M.E.O (Retired old men eating out)

The Romeo Club of Decatur invited me to come visit their 7 am breakfast get-together, which was quite an honor. I had heard about what a fun-loving group these men are, but let me tell you, fun-loving doesn't quite cover it! We had a great time discussing the usual (the difference between Galaxy and USA pageants, etc) and brainstorming ways to stand out at nationals (wear an Abe Lincoln hat for fashionwear!). They were excited to have a local girl going to a national pageant, and wished me lots of luck.

It was a delight to see my #1 fan John Dunn there (president and founder of the Britten Traughber Fan Club) who I used to perform with in Theatre 7. The last time we performed together was in a production of Big River- he was Mark Twain and I was part of Huck Finn's gang- dressed as a boy! I guess some things certainly changed, but not my love for John!
Britten for Queen: R.O.M.E.O (Retired old men eating out)



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: