Thursday, December 21, 2006

Clearwater woman crowned Miss Kansas USA


Associated Press

A Clearwater woman was crowned Miss Kansas USA 2007 Sunday night, defeating more than 30 contestants from around the state.

Miss Clearwater USA Cara Gorges, 19, a Butler County Community College cross-country runner, won the title after two days of swimsuit, evening gown and interview competitions.

"At first I was like, 'I guess I should probably wake up now,'" said Gorges, a 2005 Clearwater High School graduate. "And then I was just shaking so much I thought I was going to fall over, and I thought I was going to pass out. This was nothing that I expected at all."

The first-runner up was Destiny Bounds, of Overland Park. Other finalists in order were: Megan Bushell, of Lawrence and Santa Monica, Calif.; Kristen Conway, of Mission Hills; and Tracee Stout, Mission.



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: