Monday, July 14, 2008

Mrs. Oregon International 2008: Off to Chicago for Mrs. International

Well, the time has finally come.  Monday morning Cam will drive me to the airport for my trip to Chicago to represent Oregon in the Mrs. International pageant.  It has been an exciting time for our family as we make arrangements for Cam and me to go off to the windy city, and assure our little dog Jake that we will, in fact, be returning home!  

But it has also been challenging in ways I could not have imagined.  As the previous couple of weeks have demonstrated, things did not turn out as expected prior to leaving for Chicago. 

My beloved God Mother, Aunt Doris (my father's sister),  passed away the week of the Fourth of July.  It was and is a sad time for my family.  She was such a loving, wonderful, thoughtful person and she is one of the very special people who guided me to the person I am today. 
Mrs. Oregon International 2008: Off to Chicago for Mrs. International
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: