Friday, July 11, 2008

"DONATE LIFE" JASON & SHANNON DEVINE: The Gift of Life: an amazing story of friendship that started between total strangers.


As many of you know, Jason completed Race Across AMerica (RAAM) as part of 8-man RAAM/Team Donate Life last summer, cycling across America for Organ Donation Awareness. During our trip to California we had the chance to meet two amazing individuals. Jason & Kristen Weckworth. Jason Weckworth was part of a 4-man team and I remember him as "the Jason who donated a kidney to his father". Jason W. was extremely helpful when Jason Devine became a living donor for Scott last September.

Kristen and I talked about various things leading up to the start of the race....and I remember the feeling I felt when she told me, "I want to be a donor for a complete stranger and give someone out there a second chance at life!" I was incredibly touched!!

Today, July 8th, that "someone out there" received the gift of life because of Kristen. If you don't have goose bumps now, go back and read the last few sentences!
WOW!!!
"DONATE LIFE" JASON & SHANNON DEVINE: The Gift of Life: an amazing story of friendship that started between total strangers.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: