Saturday, May 24, 2008

Christiansburg grandmother tries again for pageant title

Ms. Virginia Senior America Pageant contestant Diane Yopp, 62, says life should be lived to the fullest.

CHRISTIANSBURG -- Diane Yopp says she's at that age where her brain says, "Go, go, go!"

But her body says, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"My brain doesn't think I'm 62, but my body tells me I am," she said.

The arthritis in her hands and feet isn't stopping this grandmother of five from giving the Ms. Virginia Senior America Pageant another shot.

"She decided she would do it one more time," said Wendy Pinhey, a former contestant and organizer of this year's pageant. Pinhey said the pageant, for women 60 and older, promotes the message that aging is not something to be feared.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

Digg!

No comments: