Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Taking Time For Life's SImplest Pleasures

The day I turned fifty the gift my daughter and son-in-law gave me was the news I was going to be a grandmother.  What a welcome to that golden age which is sometimes dismissed as a hallmark of the best being over.

Instead it was the signal of the infancy of what has proven to be the most incredible time in my life!  My little birthday present (also known as Maddie) continues to bring joy in our lives in ways I could not dream were possible.  Today was one of those days.

At a time in my life where possibilities abound and life is busy, my granddaughter's excitement reminds me we often get so enthralled in our vocations and avocations we sometimes forget to stop for a moment and take in the simplicity and wonderment of a less than two year old child.

When it was time to leave I was reminded of the importance of enjoying the simplest of things in life.  Spending time with Maddie was a moment that I would not have traded for all the flash bulb or client possibilities in the world.
 blog it

No comments: