Thursday, November 29, 2007

Miss Universe thanks 'my boss, Donald Trump' for fashion mag's award

7:25pm Monday, November 26

Miss Universe Riyo Mori said Monday she wanted to tell "my boss, Mr. Donald Trump" about how happy she was to have been selected as one of Vogue Nippon's 2007 Women of the Year.

Mori, who told the awards ceremony held at a Tokyo hotel that she also wanted to thank her departed grandmother and all those who supported her, was one of a glittering group of women the Japanese language version of the famous fashion magazine picked as the outstanding Japanese women in their fields throughout this year.

Selected along with the winner of the Trump-owned beauty pageant was a who's who of Japanese women, including actresses Anna Tsuchiya, Rei Dan and Sumiko Fujii, filmmaker Naomi Kawase and comedienne Tomochika.

Mori said her year "has gone by in a blink."

"I was delighted when I was selected as Miss Universe in Mexico in May. Since then, I've been meeting people all over the world and doing all sorts of charity work. I go to places thinking I will be there to help people, but I usually end up being helped myself because of the power of the people I meet. It tells me I've still got a long way to go," she said.

Tsuchiya, meanwhile, offered her advice on what she thinks makes "an ideal woman."

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: