Friday, January 11, 2008

Beauty tips from Miss Arizona


Jill Richards/The Arizona Republic

Hair and makeup by Jacklyn Whitehead.

Stephanie Armenta
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 11, 2008 12:00 AM Many of us watched it as little girls, wishing and hoping to someday be in their shoes. You know exactly what we're talking about: the Miss America Pageant. We caught up with our very own Miss Arizona, Nicole Turner, 24, who will compete in the 2008 Miss America Pageant on Jan. 26. Watch it on the TLC channel at 8 p.m.

Turner talked to us about who inspired her, beauty pageant tricks and her favorite beauty products.

Question: Can you describe what it was like when you were announced Miss Arizona?

Answer: I just remember standing there praying and saying, "Please make it be my time. Please make it be. This is my last chance; it's now or never." It was a dream come true. This was my last chance at competing for the title of Miss Arizona because I aged out. I guess it's like what they say, the third time's the charm.

Q: Whom are you influenced or inspired by?

A: One of the greatest influences in my life has been my high-school dance teacher, Mrs. Kenyon. I graduated high school almost seven years ago and still keep in contact with her. She's even coming to the Miss America Pageant in Las Vegas. Mrs. Kenyon was the one who pushed me to come out of my shell and express myself. She really let me be creative and show my expressive side. I would never be able to go out there at Miss America and dance on that stage all by myself if it wasn't for her.

Q: Can you give away a few beauty secrets or tricks of the pageant trade?

A: Wash your hair every other day. Carry blush and MAC lip gloss with you everywhere you go.
More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: