Tuesday, September 04, 2007

No slowing down

Charlie See: Father of Pageantries - Part 1
Charlie See: Father of Pageantries - Part 2

Charlie See turned 97 yesterday. The Penang-born founder of Festival of Beauty Inc, which holds rights to 37 pageant titles worldwide, shows no sign of slowing down despite his age.

THANK God I am still alive,” said Charlie See who turned 97 yesterday. See, founder of Model of the Models International Pageant, currently on in Madrid (Sept 1-8), celebrated his birthday at the Spanish capital. See and his wife of 57 years, Ann, were invited by pageant president, Raquel Molinero, to spend a week in Spain.

In a recent interview in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China, See talked about his early struggles and how he found fame in the United States.

Charlie See: ‘“Everybody dreams about Hollywood. I made dream girls from all over the world my contacts!’
Born in Penang in 1910, See moved to Raub with his family because his father’s job took him to Pahang. After his primary education, he returned to Penang, where he learned English and French.

“After my father died, I tried to do some business and opened a sports store selling badminton rackets,” See recalled.

“Then I became a member of the Rotary Club. In 1935, I went on a world tour. I travelled from Penang to Colombo and then to Europe. As a Rotary Club member, I spoke to the Rotarians of Colombo about Malaysia. From Colombo, I went to Pakistan and Bombay before landing in Europe.”

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: