Saturday, December 22, 2007

First time’s a charm for victors

By Jonathan Kealing

Michelle Gillespie

Two women new to the pageant experience walked away Sunday night with the Miss Kansas USA and Miss Kansas Teen USA titles.

Michelle Gillespie, 21, of Mission Hills competed as Miss Kansas City and walked away with the Miss Kansas USA 2008 title. . .

Gillespie, a senior at Southern Methodist University, said she’d only decided to enter the competition this summer. Nonetheless, she said, competing in a pageant is something she’s wanted to do for “about 10 years now."

"Once I found out that my great-great-aunt was the first Miss America, I knew this was something I had to do,” she said. “It’s in my blood.”

Gillespie will advance to the Miss USA 2008 competition, which takes place April 11 in Las Vegas, Nev.



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: