Monday, March 27, 2006

Beauty and backbone

Tiffany Kelly can't slow down. Not only is Miss Massachusetts working these days with a trainer, an interview coach, and a style consultant, the Brockton beauty has someone helping her walk. ''When I tell people I have to go to my walking lesson, I feel kind of like a dog," Kelly confesses with a laugh. ''But there's no leash involved." A relative newcomer to the world of pageants -- she's been in just one other -- Kelly, 18, insists she isn't nervous about strutting her stuff on national TV. (The Miss USA pageant will be held April 21 in Baltimore.) ''I'm going to make the most of it," she said. ''I've been acting since I was a kid, so I'm no stranger to the stage." Kelly said she's sworn off a few of her favorite foods to get fit -- chocolate and muffins, among them -- but thinks the judges admire backbone as much as backside. ''I've been studying past Miss Universe videos, and the winners didn't have the best bodies, they had the most confidence." (That said, have you checked out Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova?) With or without a crown, Kelly, who volunteers with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, said she'll be attending Gordon College next fall.

By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | March 25, 2006

Source: http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2006/03/25/beauty_and_backbone/




TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: