Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mrs. Minnesota prepares for national pageant

clipped from www.am1500.com

With only a few months to go before getting her shot at the title ’Mrs. America,’ Heather Hall faced an important deadline.

She needed to find the perfect evening gown.

Hall, the newly crowned Mrs. Minnesota, was prepared to flip through hundreds of dresses on a Wednesday morning last month at The Pageant Shop by Michael’s in New Brighton.

She booked an hourlong appointment. It took all of 10 seconds.

"Oh, my gosh! This is the one! This is amazing! I love the color!" Hall said.

The winner was a $3,600 strapless sapphire number featuring a sweetheart neckline, "Aurora Borealis" Swarovski crystals and a slit up the left side.

"It’s fun to go and look at all these dresses. I’m still a girl. So if I get a chance to go and look at a new sparkly dress, you bet I’m gonna. I’m gonna go check it out. It’s like a fairy tale. I get to buy a beautiful dress and sparkly shoes. Who wouldn’t want to do that?"

 blog it

No comments: