Sunday, November 04, 2007

Miss America Decal Collector's Quest to Complete Set


Miss_america_decals0001_2 Bill Stone is a dedicated collector of Miss America decals. He's on a quest to complete his set of decals, and he'd like your help. Recently, we talked about the items he's missing and other details about his collection:

ephemera: When did you become interested in Miss America decals?

Stone: In the 1950s, my family would travel from California to Kentucky by car to visit family. I began collecting travel decals along the way. One of my favorite decals was the Miss America series with the outline of the state in red, and some reference to a famous state product incorporated in the design. I have continued my quest to complete the series.

ephemera: You've recently purchased an ad in the Ephemera News in hopes of completing your set. Which items from the series are you still missing?

Stone: I am missing : #424 Connecticut; #425 Delaware; # 440 Mississippi; # 445 New Hampshire; and, # 455 Rhode Island.

More at the Source



TKPN
PageantCast Home
Frappr Map
Podcast Pickle Page
Our Feed
One Click Subscribe in Juice
One Click Subscribe in iTunes

No comments: